Just got back from the most dreamiest place in the world. French Polynesia🏝
I was suppose to be in Paris for my Bachelorette but due to restrictions for Americans the trip got canceled. I was devastated 🥺 Devastated because it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I would’ve had 12 of my best friends together from all around the world all in one place. What really hurt me was that it wasn’t just any place but PARIS! Never would’ve I thought that my Fiancé was already making a plan b for me🥰
He surprised me by buying us a roundtrip flight to the pearl of the Pacific, French Polynesia and more specifically Bora Bora ✈️. I really thought he was joking but Bora Bora has always been a dream destination of his so I think it was a win win situation 😊
One thing to keep in mind is that to get to each resort, you’ll need boat transfers. This can range from $55 to $150 US dollars per person depending on where you are coming from. We came from St. Regis, the cost was $55 per person for the transfer, If we had come straight from the airport it would have cost us $110 per person! Unfortunately, there aren’t any alternatives but one TIP you can use to save money is at Bora Bora (BOB) airport they offer a free boat shuttle from the airport to the town of Vaitape on the main island – From there, you can take a taxi for $20 to their sister hotel Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort, which runs a shuttle to the Intercontinental Thalasso for around $50. Mask are also required for all boat transfers and common areas around the resort. I loved that they also had hand sanitizer stations everywhere around the resorts.
Intercontinental has two properties in Bora Bora. Intercontinental Le Moana Bora Bora & Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa. Even though we didn’t stay in Intercontinental Le Moana Bora Bora, they did have a great Happy Hour that we LOVED! (Buy one get one free on drinks from 6pm to 7pm every night). We went there every night while staying by a nearby hotel. When picking between both amazing properties to actually stay at, we unanimously decided on Intercontinental Bora Bora Thalasso Resort Spa for its iconic view of Mount Otemanu. One of the best things about this hotel is that all of the ‘rooms’ are Overwater Bungalows. Here are all of Overwater Bungalows categories.
Alan booked us the 1 Bedroom Brando Suite and boy were we in for a treat! Before I talk about how amazing the Brando Suite is, let’s talk about prices! How much can 5 nights 6 days cost you? Here are prices based on November 2020.
- Emerald Overwater Villa – $823 per night – OVERWATER VILLA FACING THE ISLAND WITH BEACH VIEW.
- Sapphire Overwater Villa – $888 per night – OVERWATER VILLA LOOKING OUT THE TURQUOISE LAGOON.
- Diamond Overwater Villa – $947 per night – OVERWATER VILLA FACING THE MAIN ISLAND OF BORA BORA WITH TERRACE AND SUN LOUNGES.
- Diamond Otemanu Overwater Villa – $1,047 per night – OVERWATER VILLA FEATURING A SPACIOUS SHADED TERRACE WITH VIEWS OVER THE LAGOON AND MOUNT OTEMANU.
- Pool Overwater Villa – $1,079 per night – POOL PREMIUM OVERWATER VILLAS OFFER VIEWS OF THE BEACH AND FEATURE A PRIVATE OUTDOOR POOL WITH A SPACIOUS TERRACE AND DIRECT ACCESS INTO THE LAGOON.
- Pool Premium Overwater Villa – $1,184 per night – POOL PREMIUM OVERWATER VILLAS OFFER A HORIZON VIEW AND FEATURE A PRIVATE OUTDOOR POOL.
- Brando Suite Bora Bora 1 Bedroom -$1,958 per night/ 2 Bedroom $2,648 per night- ENJOY STUNNING VIEWS OF MT. OTEMANU IN THE PRIVACY OF YOUR 2335 SQFT OVERWATER SUITE FEATURING A PRIVATE INFINITY POOL AND DIRECT ACCESS INTO THE LAGOON.
The Brando Suites in my opinion has the best view of the iconic Mt. Otemanu.
The suite is modern and luxurious and features sleek, contemporary décor with traditional Polynesian design touches and its location is perfect for those who seek privacy. This was one of my favorite stays in Bora Bora @icfr_polynesia ✨
The overwater suite measures 3,465 square feet! It has a private outdoor pool that is adjacent to the spacious shaded terrace and sundeck with sun loungers for sun bathing. You’ll also have direct access into the lagoon. A freshwater shower is also located on the sundeck. Doesn’t get better then this💃🏽
As part of the Brando Suite Bora Bora experience, guests staying in these exclusive villas, will enjoy the following benefits:
- A special welcome to the resort with a lei of fragrant flowers
- Daily amenities delivered to the Suite
- Daily complimentary mini bar refill (water, fruit juice, soda, and beer)
- Waived room service fees for in-villa breakfast for all reservations
- A special farewell gift at time of departure
- A one-day access to the Deep Ocean Spa facilities for each guest: Check out some photos below from the SPA.
The Brando Suite is WORTH IT!!! Also, we got room service a few times since they waved the room delivery fee due to Covid. The only food options were either the Reef restaurant or the Sand Bar Restaurant 2 out of 3 of their Restaurants were opened. Don’t forget to hit up their Bubble Bar for Happy Hour at 9 pm every night. My favorite was the Canoe Breakfast!My lovely Bridesmaids sent this to us as a gift, the cost was $210 per couple. It got delivered directly to our overwater villa in a traditional outrigger canoe. The staff also took us on a tour to experience the outrigger canoe, while breakfast was being set up on our deck. Keep in mind food is pricey, you can easily spend $150-200 per meal + drink.
TIP: Catch the free boat to Intercontinental’s Le Moana on the main island and dine in their restaurant or go to the market and buy your alcohol.
Intercontinental Thalasso Bora Bora Activities
The InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa offers a wide array of activities to enrich your vacation. Here is a list:
- Their Lagoonarium is a highlight for many guests. A protected ocean habitat for local marine life, it is home to more than 200 species of sea creatures.
- Beach Boys’ various demonstrations, covering everything from how to prepare traditional Polynesian dishes to weaving hats and crowns from coconut fronds.
- InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa has created a romantic secret garden of love in the resort’s botanical garden where sweethearts can symbolize their eternal devotion by sealing their love with a lock in Bora Bora in Polynesian style.
- Tennis courts and a fitness centre, not to mention the free full array of water sports like standup paddle boarding and kayaking.
This resort is ideal for couples. It would also be a great place for a wedding, they have one of the most beautiful Chapel I have ever seen.
We only spent two days at this resort since we were splitting our stay between this hotel and St.Regis.
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is such a beautiful resort. I highly recommend it. Not to mention they have an amazing growing reef program. Here are a few photos around the resort.
Follow me on Instagram @Sallytrubella to watch my full Bora Bora Highlights. I will be having other Bora Bora blog posts up in the next few weeks as well! Stay Tuned! XOXO